- Do we have an alternative menu to the Tasting Menu?
We do not have an alternative menu to the Tasting Menu. We serve the Tasting menu for lunch and dinner each day the restaurant is open.
- How far in advance are bookings taken and when are they released?
Reservations are available up to 2 months in advance by the date via our online booking system. The link is found on the reservations web page.
At 10:00hrs each day thereafter a new day of reservations will be released
- What happens after the table has been booked online?
Credit or Debit card details will be have to be provided at the time of booking. An email to confirm your reservation detailing the terms and conditions of your booking will automatically be sent to the email address you provide.
- Dress Code for the restaurant?
We do not have a dress code policy at the restaurant - please come along however you feel comfortable.
- Opening and closing times of the Restaurant?
The restaurant is open for lunch and dinner from Tuesday to Saturday each week. It is closed for dining all day on Sundays and Mondays (the reservations office does operate on a Monday).
Lunch service is between 12pm and 1.30pm (last orders by 1.45pm)
Dinner service is between 7pm and 8.30pm (last orders by 8.45pm)
- How much is the Tasting menu?
- The menu is £220 per person including VAT. Drinks and extras are in addition to this.
- Can we cater for dietary requirements?
- We can cater for most dietary requirements with prior notice. The menu is adapted according to each individual guest’s requirements.
We would ask that you advise our Reservations Team of any dietary requirements when making a booking so advanced notice can be given to the kitchen.
- Do we sell gift vouchers?
- The Fat Duck does not sell gift vouchers. If you would like to arrange payment for a booking please do not hesitate to contact our Reservations Team once a reservation has been made and they will be able to assist you.
- How long should you allow to enjoy the Tasting menu?
We do advise to allow approximately 4 1/2 hours to enjoy the menu.
- Do we offer a wine pairing for the Tasting Menu and how much is it?
- We do offer wine pairings to complement the Tasting menu. They are currently priced from £139 per person depending on the wines and a list of these will be given to guests on arrival for their reservation.
Due to changes in stock and availability the wine pairings are not advertised on the website.
- Which station is the nearest train station to the restaurant?
- Maidenhead Station is the local station to the restaurant and it is approximately 7-8 minutes taxi journey to the restaurant. There is a large taxi company located at the station and taxi’s are readily available.
- How do we get back to the station after the meal?
Our Restaurant staff can call a taxi for you to return to your destination. Please allow approximately 10 minutes for a car to arrive at the restaurant.
- How late do the trains run into London?
Trains run from Maidenhead back into London Paddington until the early hours of the morning but do slow down in frequency after midnight. To check train times, please follow the link www.firstgreatwestern.co.uk
- Where can you park in Bray?
The Fat Duck does not have its own car park but you can use the Hinds Head car park or either of the 2 public car parks in Bray. Please see the location page on our website for more information.
- What accommodation do we recommend in the area?
We have listed recommended places to stay in the area on the location page of our website and have provided links to their websites.
Bray is located within the town of Maidenhead and is only a 10 minute drive from Windsor, Marlow and Henley, all of which have a large range of accommodation on offer.
- Are children allowed in the restaurant?
Children are welcome in the restaurant, although as we have a very small restaurant we do not have the floor space to accommodate pushchairs or prams.
We do advise that babies are brought along in a mobile car seat which can be placed on the floor around the table.
We can provide high chairs but as space is limited they do attach to the dining room chair and the child would have to be included in the overall size of the party.
- Do we have a children’s menu?
We do not have a children’s menu available at the restaurant. Our Head Chef will do his utmost to adapt or accommodate the child’s requirements based on their tastes.
- Do we have access for wheelchairs & bathroom facilities for wheelchair users?
The dining area of the restaurant is located on the ground floor of the building and we can allocate a table that has adequate space for a wheelchair. Please could you advise our Reservations Team in advance so we can assign the most suitable table.
At this time our restaurant does not have ground floor bathroom facilities. They are located on the first floor, up a flight of stairs and there is no lift. The Hinds Head Pub located next door to the restaurant does have ground floor bathroom facilities which you are more than welcome to use.